Identitywa implements person centred practice, delivers individualised service responses which are informed by the person’s goals and needs and ensures staff are well trained and supervised.
When you choose Identitywa, you also benefit from:
Sharing the journey…We can deliver a range of supports which meet an individual’s needs as they vary over time – residential short term stays; from three hours to 24/7 of community, in-home and Shared Living support; Identitywa is also a registered aged care provider (of at-home packages).
- Strong family focus – We understand that families are the key emotional support for an individual, so supporting families is vital. Identitywa was established by a group of families over 40 years ago and today still has more than 50% family representation at Board level.
- Child Safe/Vulnerable People Safe Framework – Implemented across Identitywa with 100% of staff trained.
- Staffing team – Each person has an allocated team leader and authentically matched support workers. In shared living arrangements, the team also includes in-house nursing oversight, occupational therapy and behavioural support. Our staffing group is culturally diverse and many are bi- or multi-lingual.
- Active Support – Trained staff in shared living arrangements.
- Befriend – Trained staff for community support arrangements.
- Full citizenship – Based planning, implementation and review framework.
- Strong governance – We are committed to best practice, financially secure, have internal quality monitoring arrangements, and an experienced executive team with excellent sector networks.
- Partnerships – Established referral pathways and links with complementary supports, such as therapy, and NDIS community access for people (aged under 65) who reside in aged care and psychiatric hostels.
- Catholic ethos – An ongoing commitment to supporting others with compassion, respect, integrity, hospitality, inclusiveness, forgiveness and justice.