Striving to get it right all of the time
Identitywa senior staff met to discuss opportunities for improving the supports we offer to people living in Identitywa’s homes.
Some key themes included:
• achieving a consistent approach amongst their teams with the implementation of Person Centred Active Support,
• ensuring staff implemented best practice with regards to high quality record management,
• the importance of maintaining good relationships with families and carers
• effective strategies for guiding and coaching staff in the latest best practice and
• managing competing demands
“We also discussed the latest adaptive and assistive technology which can assist staff and the people they support with communication and mobility,” says House Senior, Heike.
“We also reflected on the vital importance of effective communication and agreed that active listening and paying attention to other people’s non-verbal cues were really important.”
Regular communication with families and carers has also been promoted by staff through House newsletters which celebrate the many achievements of housemates.
Posted in General