COVID-19 Update from the CEO
I am very pleased to report that our community has remained COVID-19 free as of today – 30 September 2020.
While we have had staff and people we support being tested over the past few months, all results have been negative.
As we watch developments in other states, we remain vigilant in our approach to doing all we can to ensure we are well-placed to provide for the wellbeing of the people we support should the coronavirus pandemic be a threat in WA again.
- Continuing to ensure we have full supplies of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) for our workers and people living in our shared independent living (SIL) houses.
- Our Pandemic Response Team meeting regularly to discuss the latest information and recommendations from the WA government.
- Infection Control training for our Identitywa COVID-19 Specialist Support Team.
- PPE training for workers in our SIL houses.
- Conversations with SIL housemates about the use of PPE.
Good hygiene habits and physical distancing are still the top two recommendations by the Health Department along with the following:
- If you’re sick, stay home. Don’t go to work, don’t go to school, don’t go out (except to get tested), and don’t have visitors.
- Don’t make unnecessary physical contact with others. Avoid physical greetings, such as handshakes, hugs and kisses.
- Use tap and pay instead of cash.
- Wash your hands regularly for at least 20 seconds with soap and water or an alcohol-based sanitiser.
- Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze. Use a flexed elbow or a tissue; if you use a tissue, dispose of it immediately and appropriately.
We ask that all our workers follow these recommendations and, as always, if you are not clear about any of the information included in this update, please contact your Team Leader for clarification.
Marina Re, Chief Executive Officer
Posted in General