Identitywa’s response to the Royal Commission into Violence, Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation of People with Disability
Identitywa is an outreach of the Catholic Archdiocese of Perth and one of WA’s leading agencies supporting people with disability to live the life they choose.
Our Vision is to build a community in which “All people live with a sense of purpose, a sense of belonging and a sense of wellbeing”.
With a strong commitment to Person Centred Active Support, staff work in partnership with individuals to explore, plan and design support options to suit their individual needs.
Providing a safe and respectful environment is at the heart of all that we do.
We welcome the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability and greatly value the opportunity to participate and learn from the experience.
- Live our values
- To make a commitment to act, be objective, transparent and fair.
- To be honest and open, no matter how challenging.
- Support our staff to be truthful, demonstrating a willingness and openness to fully cooperate with the Royal Commission at all times.
- In the event of any negative outcomes, be fully responsible for all our actions, introduce appropriate responses and follow up recommendations.
- Continue to update our community on the Royal Commission’s progress through our communications channels.
- Encourage ongoing feedback on our services from the people we support and their families.
- Follow up any concerns or complaints raised with regard to the welfare of the people we support, quickly and efficiently.
- Continue our ongoing commitment to best practice by way of safeguards, preventative measures and risk management to assure the delivery of high-quality service.
Over the next months as more information about the Royal Commission becomes available we will ensure that we make it available to people with disabilities, families, carers and our staff.
Posted in General